Gore Physiotherapy Centre
Occupational Therapy Accupuncture Fees

ACC Claims
Workplace accidents, accidents in the home, motor vehicle and sports injuries are covered by ACC. Acute ACC referrals are first obtained by visiting your GP or physiotherapist. Gradual Process (injury's that have been caused over time) ACC referrals are first obtained by visiting your GP.

If you are unable to work you need to see your doctor for medical certificate.

ACC will assess your claim and inform you as to whether your application has been accepted or declined.

ACC only covers treatments which commence on or after the date which the physiotherapist or doctor has signed the referral form.

An ACC45 allows you a certain number of treatments depending on your diagnosis. If ACC decline your claim or if you start treatment before the referral date then you are responsible for the full treatment costs.

Definition of physical injury

Physical injuries can include:
• wounds, lacerations, contusions (bruising)
• burns
• sprains and strains
• fractures, amputations or dislocations
• damage to dentures or prostheses (artificial body parts)
• work-related gradual process injuries, such as tendonitis, and deafness caused by noise at work
• infections or diseases caused at work by performing a particular task or being exposed to a particular environment (this excludes any conditions you may have had since birth)
• blindness
• poisoning
• choking
• loss of consciousness
• A foreign body in the eye.

ACC considers that a physical injury has not occurred unless there is actual damage to the body from the injury. Neither is a diagnosis of pain sufficient to establish there has been a physical injury; an actual diagnosis of the injury is required.

What if I am a visitor to New Zealand?

If you're injured during your visit to New Zealand, ACC may be able to help with the cost of treatment and support you need while you're here. However, it is important to be aware that you cannot sue for damages arising from your personal injury – ACC cover removes that right. ACC only covers treatment and rehabilitation costs while you are in New Zealand; it is not a replacement for travel insurance and does not cover illness, disrupted travel plans or emergency travel to get you back home. We strongly recommend you arrange travel insurance before visiting New Zealand.

What if I am a New Zealander travelling overseas?

ACC may be able to help you if you return home with an injury that happened while you were overseas. Our cover applies whether you have been travelling on business, on holiday or your OE, or if you're visiting friends or family. To qualify, you must be an ordinarily resident in New Zealand at the date of the injury. Cover normally applies to injuries incurred on trips of up to six months.